Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau & Visitors Center
Leading the way in the renaissance of downtown Augusta, the Augusta CVB acquired a 3-story building to house its new cutting edge offices and the Augusta Visitors Center. To reflect the attitude of 21st century Augusta, Studio 3 developed the 1906 building to highlight its historic features while inserting sleek, modern architecture and details to support the new used within the historic shell. Exposed masonry walls, cast iron and wood columns, exposed rafters, and the original elevator reused as a meeting nook not to the building's roots, while steam lined office "blocks", storefronts, and a modern mezzanine provide a sharp contrast. Studio 3 team worked with the owners to develop modern work and meeting spaces on the 2nd & 3rd floor, and the 1st floor has been outfitted for the new Visitors Center with public conveniences and a new cart barn to house future golf cart tours. The exterior elevation also expresses the marrying of the past and the future.