T. Harry Garrett Elementary School
The new T. Harry Garrett Elementary School replaces the original 1950's building on the same site. The existing gymnasium was built to be used by the school and the County Recreation Department. The floor level of the gym was approximately seven feet below the school and was not connected making accessibility from the school difficult. The school is two stories, 50500 square feet with classrooms, media center, art studio, music room and cafeteria. The exterior is multicolored brick to provide a look of the "Grand Canyon". The interior corridors provide the "river" running to the outside in terrazzo patterns.